Thursday, November 11, 2010

UFO's Incentive Update


I am pleased to report that I have finished all 6 items I had on my UFO list as of January 1st. The one quilt which I wasn't sure I could finish was a double-bed size quilt I was hand-quilting for my friend, Debbie, in NY. I had been working on it for 5 years, and the hand-quilting was only a little over half done.

In July I got an invitation to visit my friend later in the summer. I counted up how many stenciled patterns I had to go, and then set a goal for myself of doing at least one a day. I had about 3 weeks before my visit. I finished and got the binding done before I flew up there! It helped that my husband was away during part of that time on a business trip. I was able to watch old videos and just keep stitching away!

In my guild down in Forsyth, MO (Calico Cut-ups), I am the only one who has finished all their UFO's. I guess writing things down really motivates me!

No comments:

Post a Comment